About me: I am a third year graduate student and PhD candidate in Mathematics at the University of Minnesota. My advisor is Vic Reiner. I did my undergrad at Reed College. After that, I spent a year at Smith College's Post-Baccalaureate Program for women in mathematics.
I am currently supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. Before that, I was supported by a three-year UMN College of Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship.
Research: I study algebraic combinatorics and representation theory. Specifically, I am interested in the combinatorics and representation theory of (complex) reflection groups. See my research page for more details.
Contact: Email me at braun622 "at" umn.edu. You can also find me at Vincent Hall, office 556.
- I am co-organizing Mathematics Project at Minnesota 2020, a four-day workshop in January for UMN undergraduates that come from groups traditionally underrepresented in mathematics.
- I am co-organizing the Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference on April 23-25, 2021 at UMN. Check back for details.
- I co-run Math Club with Montie Avery. We are always interested in finding speakers to give talks that are accessible to undergraduates!
- I am a founding member of CAUSE (Council for the Advancement of Underrepresented Scietists and Engineers). We host events for underrepresented minority graduate students and post-docs throughout the semester. Email email@example.com to sign up for our mailing list!
- In 2018-2019 I co-organized the Student Combinatorics and Algebra Seminar with Esther Banaian. The 2019-2020 website can be found here.
Upcoming Travel & Conferences:
- March 2020: Speaking at the Reed College Mathematics Colloquium
- May 2020: Attending OPAC 2020 at University of Minnesota
- July 2020: Attending WARTHOG: Infinite-dimensional methods in commutative algebra at University of Oregon
- April 2021: Co-organizing the Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference at University of Minnesota
Recent Past Travel & Conferences:
- January 2020: Co-organizing the Mathematics Project at Minnesota at University of Minnesota
- September 2019: Speaking at the AMS Fall Sectional meeting in Madison, WI at a special session on Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry
- September 2019: Attending Algecom XIV at Washington University in St Louis
- July 2019: Presenting a poster at FPSAC in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- May 2019: Presenting a poster at Algecom XVII at Loyola University Chicago
- In April 2019 I spoke at the AMS Sectional Meeting at University of Connecticut in Hartford, CT at the special session on Chip-firing and Divisor Theory.
- Also in April 2019, I spoke at the CAGE Seminar in Philadephia, PA. and at Smith College Mathematics Colloqium in Northampton, MA.
- In October 2018, I spoke at the AMS Sectional Meeting at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI at the special session on Combinatorics in Algebra and Algebraic Geometry.
- In July/August 2018, I taught a course in logical reason through BEAM (Bridge to Enter Advanced Mathematics) in New York City.
- In June/July 2018, I attended FPSAC at Dartmouth and a Summer School on Lie Theory at UGA in Athens, GA.
- In April 2018, I spoke at USTARS (Underrepresented Students in Topoloy and Algebra Research Symposium) at Reed College in Portland, OR.