My focus in my research has been on parts of commutative algebra and algebraic geometry that can be approached combinatorially or computationally. In particular my research has blended techniques from toric varieties, monomial ideals, and computational mathematics.
See also: https://arxiv.org/a/yang_j_7.html
- Virtual Resolutions of Monomial Ideals on Toric Varieties arXiv
- The SchurVeronese package in Macaulay2 arXiv
- Conjectures and computations about Veronese syzygies (Experimental Mathematics 2018) arXiv
- Random Flag Complexes and Asymptotic Syzygies (Algebra & Number Theory 2018) arXiv
- Random Toric Surfaces and a Threshold for Smoothness (Journal of Algebra 2019) arXiv
Slides and Posters