I am a postdoc at the University of Minnesota, working with Prof. Douglas Arnold. I obtained my degree in 2017 from Peking University, China under the supervision of Prof. Jinchao Xu. Before I moved to Minneapolis, I worked at the University of Oslo, Norway with Prof. Ragnar Winther and Prof. Snorre Christiansen.
My research is focused on applied and computational mathematics. In particular, I work on general theories of structure-preserving discretization and computational problems in mechanics, physics and geometry. To investigate and preserve the structures of physical systems, my work also involves applied analysis, topology and geometric mechanics with an emphasis on their connections to numerical analysis and computation. A large part of my current research is on the finite element exterior calculus (FEEC).
I am involved in the Simons Collaboration exploring localization of waves. My research in this direction involves numerical analysis and computation of spectrum and eigenmodes, particularly for quantum systems.
Education and Employment
- Postdoc, 2017 - 2018; Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.
- Ph.D, 2012 - 2017; Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research; Peking University, Beijing, China.
- B.S. in Computational Mathematics, 2008 - 2012; School of Mathematical Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
- September - October, 2019. Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK. (UPCOMING)
- July - August, 2019. Department of Mathematics, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
- July, 2017. The Institute of Computational Mathematics and Scientific/Engineering Computing, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- February - May, 2017. Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- January, 2017. Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- March, 2016. Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- September 2015 - November 2016. Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Travel award for 55th Meeting of the Society for Natural Philosophy: Microstructure, defects, and growth in mechanics. Chicago. September 13-15, 2019.
- SIAM Travel Award for ICIAM 2019, Valencia.
- New World Mathematics Award (Honorable mention), 2017.
- Outstanding Youth Paper Prize, Beijing Society of Computational Mathematics, September 2016,
- EASIAM (East Asia section of SIAM) Student Paper Prize, June, 2016.
- President Scholarship of Peking University, 2014-2017.
some presentation materials:
School of Mathematics
Vincent Hall, 206 Church St. SE
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0488
Edited Aug 29, 2019.