email: kim00657 at umn dot edu
office: 203B Vincent Hall, 206 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
I am a Dunham Jackson Assistant Professor in School of Mathematics in University of Minnesota.
I got a Sc.D. in mathematics at MIT. My thesis advisor was George Lusztig.
Currently I am interested in geometric and combinatorial representation theory.
I have a cat whose name is "Yaong-ee" which means "Meowy".
This semester I teach MATH 4242 (Applied Linear Algebra).
- SNU Representation Theory Seminar, Robinson-Schensted correspondence and its affine analogue
- Seoul National University (SNU), Seoul, South Korea, Aug 16, 2019.
- University of Minnesota Combinatorics Seminar, Affine matrix-ball construction and its relation to representation theory
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis MN, USA, Mar 8, 2019.
- MIT Lie Groups Seminar, Affine matrix-ball construction, asymptotic Hecke algebras, and the Lusztig-Vogan bijection for GLn
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge MA, USA, Dec 5, 2018.
- Global Langlands Parametrization over Function Fields, Preverse Sheaves and Affine Grassmanian and Geometric Satake Equivalence
- Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Seoul, South Korea, Jul 16 and Jul 20, 2018.
- University of Minnesota Combinatorics Seminar, Young tableaux, Kazhdan-Lusztig cells, and Springer fibers
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis MN, USA, Apr 27, 2018.
- University of Minnesota Student Combinatorics Seminar, Robinson-Schensted algorithm and its generalizations
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis MN, USA, Apr 26, 2018.
- University of Massachusetts Representation Theory Seminar, On total Springer representations for classical types
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst MA, USA, Feb 12, 2018.
- Interactions between Representation Theory and Algebraic Geometry, Introductory talk
- University of Chicago, Chicago IL, USA, Aug 21-25, 2017.
Last update: Sep 9. 2019
- MATH 4242 - Applied Linear Algebra (Fall 2019, UMN), instructor
- MATH 4242 - Applied Linear Algebra (Spring 2019, UMN), instructor
- MATH 4281 - Introduction to Modern Algebra (Fall 2018, UMN), instructor
- 18.06 - Linear Algebra (Fall 2017, MIT) by Prof. Johnson, teaching assistant
- 18.06 - Linear Algebra (Fall 2016, MIT) by Prof. Barwick, teaching assistant