I study the evolution of cancer using mathematical modeling. In particular, I use stochastic processes to model the process of cancer initiation from healthy tissue to invasive cancer in a spatially structured environment. I am also interested in modeling the evolution of drug resistance in Glioblastoma in order to determine optimal treatment strategies. Another topic of interest is the use of oncolytic viruses to treat cancer and the dynamics involved in the immune response to this treatment. My publications are listed below.
- In preparation: J. Foo, K. Leder, K. Storey. 'Mutant clone propagation and field cancerization in epithelial basal layers.'
- K. Storey, K. Leder, A. Hawkins-Daarud, K. Swanson, A. Ahmed, R. Rockne, J. Foo. 'Glioblastoma recurrence and the role of MGMT promoter methylation' (submitted, 2018).
- K. Storey, M. Ryser, K. Leder, J. Foo. 'Spatial measures of genetic heterogeneity during carcinogenesis,' Bulletin of Mathematical Biology (2017) 79(2): p. 237-276.
- X. Wang, J.R. Walton, R.D. Parshad, K. Storey, M. Boggess. 'Analysis of the Trojan Y- Chromosome eradication strategy for an invasive species,' Journal of Mathematical Biology (2014) 68(7): p. 1731-1756
I have a research assistantship for Fall 2017, so I am not teaching currently, but the courses I have taught previously at the University of Minnesota are listed below.
Previous Teaching Experience
- 1271 Calculus I, Fall 2016
- 1271 Calculus I, Spring 2016
- 1272 Calculus II, Summer 2014
- 1272 Calculus II, Spring 2014
- 2243 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations, Fall 2013
- 3283W Sequences, Series, and Foundations, Spring 2013
- 1271 Calculus I, Fall 2012
Here is my CV (updated 11/29/17).