Math 5335: Geometry I, Fall 2011 - Other Books
Math 5335, Fall 2011
Other useful books
All of these books are available in the Mathematics Library
(310 Vincent Hall).
- For College Geometry: [Eves] College
Geometry, by Howard Eves, 1995.
- For instruction on proving: [Solow] How to
read and do proofs: an introduction to mathematical thought
processes, by Daniel Solow, 2005.
- For axioms, betweenness, and history:
[Greenberg] Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries, by Marvin
Jay Greenberg, 2008.
- For axioms: [Hilbert] Foundations of
geometry (English translation of Grundlagen der Geometrie,
1899), by David Hilbert, 1902.
- For Archimedes' Axiom as a theorem:
[Borsuk-Szmielew] Foundations of geometry: Euclidean and
Bolyai-Lobachevskian geometry. Projective geometry, by Karol
Borsuk and Wanda Szmielew, 1960.
- For the Poincaré half-plane geometry:
[Stahl] The Poincaré half-plane: a gateway to modern
geometry, by Saul Stahl, 1993.