School of Mathematics
Univeristy of Minnesota
206 Church St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office: Vincent Hall 531
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Postdoctoral Associate in the School of Mathematics and the Simons Collaboration on Localization of Waves at the Univeristy of Minnesota, to work with Svitlana Mayboroda. I earned my Ph.D. in Mathematics at UC, Irvine in June 2016 under my dissertation advisor: Svetlana Jitomirskaya. Here is my curriculum vitae: CV
Mathematical Physics, Harmonic Analysis, Dynamical Systems, Geometric Measure Theory, Partial Differential Equations
Education & Employment:
- 2019-present: Postdoctoral Associate, School of Mathematics
Univeristy of Minnesota&Simons Collaboration on Localization of Waves, Univeristy of Minnesota
- 2016-2019: Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics at the Michigan State University.
- 2013-2016: Ph.D. Mathematics, University of California, Irvine — Irvine, CA
- 2009-2013: graduate student in Mathematics, Nanjing University, China. (Transfer to UC Irvine in Sept. 2013)
- 2005-2009: B.S. Mathematics, Nanjing University, China.
- J. Schenker, Z. Tilocco and S. Zhang, Diffusion in the mean for a periodic Schrödinger equation perturbed by a fluctuating potential. Preprint. arXiv:1901.06598.
- S. Jitomirskaya,W. Liu and S. Zhang, Arithmetic spectral transitions: a competition between hyperbolicity and the arithmetics of small denominators. (Lecture Notes.) To appear in IAS/Park City Mathematics Series: Harmonic Analysis, 2018.
- F. Yang, S. Zhang, Singular continuous spectrum and generic full spectral/packing dimension for unbounded quasiperiodic Schrödinger operators. Submitted. arXiv:1804.10732
- R. Han, F. Yang and S. Zhang, Spectral dimension for β-almost periodic singular Jacobi operators and the extended Harper's model. To appear in Journal d'Analyse Mathématique.
- S. Zhang, The exact power law for Buffon's needle landing near some random Cantor sets. To appear in Rev. Mat. Iberoam. (Revista Matemática Iberoamericana).
- R. Han, S. Zhang, Large deviation estimates and Hölder regularity of the Lyapunov exponents for quasi-periodic Schrödinger cocycles. To appear in Int. Math. Res. Not.
- S. Zhang, Mixed spectral types for one frequency discrete quasi-periodic Schrödinger operator. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 144 (2016), 2603-2609.
- S. Jitomirskaya, S. Zhang, Quantitative continuity of singular continuous spectral measures and arithmetic criteria for quasiperiodic Schrödinger operators. Submitted. arXiv:1510.07086.
- J. You, S. Zhang and Q. Zhou, Point Spectrum of the Quasi-Periodic Long
Range Operators. J. Spectr. Theory 4 (2014), 769-781.
- J. You and S. Zhang, Hölder continuity of the Lyapunov exponent for
analytic quasiperiodic Schrödinger cocycle with
weak Liouville frequency. Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 34 (2014), 1395-1408.
- S. Zhang, Z. Zhao, Diffusion Bound and Reducibility for Discrete Schrödinger Equations with Tangent Potential. Front. Math. China 7 (2012), 1213-1235
Recent Conferences & Seminars:
- Analysis Seminar Talk, Yale University, CT, Spetember 28, 2018
- Dynamical Systems Seminar Talk, Tsinghua University, China, May 23, 2018
- Ergodic Theory and Spectral Theory Seminar Talk, UCR, May 18, 2018
- Dynamical Systems Seminar Talk, MSU, March 1, 2018.
- Dynamical Systems Seminar Talk, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China. July 27, 2017.
- Analysis and PDE Seminar Talk, MSU. Oct 31, 2016.
- Dynamical Systems and Fractal Geometry Seminar Talk, Mathematics Morningside center, CAS, Beijing, China. May 22, 2015
- Dynamical Systems Seminar Talk, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China. July 20, 2014.
- Geometry-Analysis Seminar Talk, Rice University, Houston, Texas. April 23, 2014.
Conferences & Workshops:
- Joint Mathematics Meetings AMS Special Session on Localization and Delocalization for Disordered Quantum Systems, Baltimore Convention Center, January 18-19, 2019.
- Spectral Theory of Quasi-Periodic and Random Operators, CRM, Montreal, November 12-16, 2018.
- Recent Advances in Functional Analysis-dedicated to the memory of Joe Diestel and Victor Lomonosov, poster session, Kent State University, October 11-14, 2018.
- Young Researchers Symposium at ICMP, McGill University, Montreal 07/21/2018
- 28th Annual PCMI Summer Session: Research Program in Harmonic Analysis, Park City, Utah, July 1 – July 21, 2018.
- Special Session on ``Spectral Theory'' at the AMS sectional meeting, Portland, OR, April 14-15, 2018
- 8th Ohio River Analysis Meeting, University of Kentucky, Lexington, March 24-25, 2018
- Special Session on Spectral Theory, Disorder and Quantum Physics at the JMM, San Diego, CA, Jan 10-13, 2018
- Recent Developments in Harmonic Analysis, MSRI, Berkeley, CA 05/15-05/19/2017
- 7th Ohio River Analysis Meeting, University of Cincinnati 03/25/2017
- Introductory Workshop: Harmonic Analysis, MSRI, Berkeley, CA 01/23-01/27/2017
- AMS Special Session at the Joint Mathematics Meeting, Seattle, WA, Jan 6-9, 2016
- AMS Fall Western Sectional Meeting, Fullerton, CA, Oct 24-25, 2015
- Workshop: Spectral Properties of Quasicrystals via Analysis, Dynamics, and Geometric Measure Theory, BIRS, Oaxaca, Mexico, Sept 27-Oct 2, 2015
- Almost Periodic and Other Ergodic Problems, University of Cambridge, UK, Mar 20-May 20, 2015
- 33nd Annual Western States Mathematical Physics Meeting, Caltech, Pasadena, CA, Feb 16-17, 2015
- Special Session at the USA-Uzbekistan Conference on Analysis and Mathematical Physics, CSUF, Fullerton ,CA, May 20-24, 2014
Teaching/General audience Talks:
- Math. Department Colloquium, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH. 09/20/2018
- Department Seminar, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA. Nov 5, 2015
- Colloquium at CSULB, Long Beach, CA. Mar 13, 2015
- Geometry and Topology Seminar, CSUF, Fullerton, CA. Feb 20, 2015
- Kovalevsky Outstanding PhD Thesis Award, UC Irvine 2016
- Euler Award for Outstanding Promise as a Graduate Student, UC Irvine 2014
- Samsung Scholarship, Nanjing University, China 2007
- National Encouragement Scholarship, Nanjing University, China 2006
Current Teaching: Math 1271, Calculus I. Class Webpage.
Past Teaching at MSU:
- Undergrad Rsearch Program at MSU (part of the Discovering America Program of math department at MSU) on Landscape theory, Fall 2018, Spring 2019. Project website (under construction).
- Teaching Assistant for lectures by Svetlana Jitomirskaya at the PCMI Graduate Summer School on Harmonic Analysis, Park City, July 2018: Arithmetic spectral transitions: a competition between hyperbolicity and the arithmetics of small denominators, July 8–14, 2018
Past Teaching at UCI:
- Winter 2015, UC Irvine: TA Math 3D, Elementary Differential Equation.
- Fall 2015, UC Irvine: Instructor for Math 2B, Calculus II. Course Webpage
- Summer 2015, UC Irvine: TA
Math 176/Econ135: Math of Finance (Summer Session II, 2015)
Fall 2014, UC Irvine: TA Math 2B: Calculus II