Math 5090, Calculus Refresher
Monday, Wednesday, 6:10-8:20 in Vincent Hall 6
[ calculus page ]
[ home ]
[ email@example.com ]
- The text is my Notes.ps ... Notes.pdf
- Weekly Quizzes will be very similar to the
selected ones from among the corresponding homework exercises, the
idea being that if you can do all the required exercises with
facility then you'll do well on the quiz. No tricks!
Office Vincent Hall 353 ...
Dept. Phone 625-2004 (for messages) ...
email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours : 1/2 hour before class, and an
hour after class.
URL for this class is
- Last Day of Class = Wed June 2
- Review Day = Mon June 7
- 2-hour FINAL EXAM = Wed June 9
- Calculators are certainly permitted, but
are not required. My intention is to make this course mostly
- Show work: I am not much concerned about
numerical answers to questions, but am interested in seeing
that you understand the method. Getting the right number is
only part of the goal here.
- Grading System :
- 60% of your grade
will be from Weekly Quizzes, given each Monday at about 6:30, on
material covered in previous lectures, and similar to the exercises
indicated the previous week. (I grade these quizzes myself).
- 25% of your grade will be from the 2-hour cumulative Final exam.
- Assuming we have a homework grader, 15% of your grade will be
from homework exercises handed in each Wednesday. The complete list of
problems to be handed in is printed out and distributed in class, and
also on the Internet. Since the pace of the class depends on your
responses, precise indication of which sections to be turned in will
be made on the preceding Wednesday.
- Late homework is not accepted. Missed quizzes should be made
up within one week.
- Gradeline ranges:
| || A = 93.00 - 100.0 || A - = 90.00 - 92.99
|B + = 86.67 - 89.99
||B = 83.34 - 86.66
||B - = 80.00 - 83.33
|C + = 76.67 - 79.99
||C = 73.34 - 76.66
||C - = 70.00 - 73.33
|D + = 65.00 - 69.99
||D = 60.00 - 64.99
- Incompletes and Cheating : We will
conform to university policy on this.