Homework in this course is displayed, submitted, and graded through an online server. Here is how to get started.
- Navigate your web browser to http://roy.math.umn.edu/webwork2/.
- Your browser may prompt a security warning. The
warning is generated because the encryption certificate
for our WeBWorK server was created by our mathematics
department, and not one of the large national corporations
known to the web browser. You may safely ignore the
security warning as follows.
- In Internet Explorer, click on “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
- In Firefox, click on “I Understand the Risks.” Then click on “Add Exception...” and follow by selecting “Confirm Security Exception.” (Depending on your ver- sion of Firefox, you may need to click “View Certificate” before you can confirm the security exception.)
- In Safari, click “Continue.”
- When you see the main WeBWorK screen, click on your course, math-2374-s14.
- Please proceed to log into WeBWorK using login name and password. You login name is your U of M Internet ID. Your password is your student ID.
- Now, click on Password/Email in the left menu bar. Please change your password to something that you will remember and is confidential.
- Select Homework Sets in the left menu bar, and then click on the first homework set. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the assignment.
- You can also go through the Orientation assignment, which is not part of your grade, to learn more about WeBWorK.
- Remember to logout of WeBWorK after you have completed your session. The “Log Out” button is in the upper right corner of the webpage. This is especially important for those students who are at a public computer.